Monday, April 20, 2009
Country Bob's GIVEAWAY
You read that right. I am having a giveaway! And we need to get the word out. But first, I need to tell you a little something about Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce. We here in the Chilton kitchen like sauce. We like tangy, spicy foods (not the singe-your-taste-buds-off kind of spicy, but kick...just a little kick). We enjoy sauces. I will admit though, when it comes to BBQ, if I am going to splurge, it is often based on the picture on the bottle. If there is a man on the bottle, and he looks remotely "Southern" (like I can really tell, right?), then I assume, Whoa, this man must know his stuff, and I proceed to make the purchase. (Note: Country Bob's picture is on the side of the label, and he looks like he knows his stuff). Is that so wrong?
Country Bob's Meatloaf
(from Country Bob's recipe brochure)
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
12 saltine crackers, crushed
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 C. Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce
1/4 C. milk
1 T. Country Bob's Season Salt (* see note below *)
1/4 tsp. pepper
Combine the ground beef, onion, cracker crumbs, eggs, Country Bob's all Purpose Sauce, Country Bob's Season Salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a baking pan. Spread the desired amount of additional Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce on top of loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until loaf is cooked through. Removed the loaf to a serving plate. Let stand for several minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
1. GREAT Sauce. Thank you Country Bob's. We didn't used to be meatloaf people, until we tried an awesome recipe last year, so when I gave my husband the options in the recipe booklet, he chose meatloaf. This WAS GREAT!
2. If you notice, the recipe calls for 1 T. season salt (That means TABLESPOON). I assumed this was a typo because I have never used a recipe that calls for that much salt, so I only put a teaspoon and it was perfect. I didn't have Country Bob's Season Salt, but used regular ol' season salt and it worked.
3. This meatloaf was super moist (but that was my fault because I didn't have lean ground beef), but if yours is super moist too, let it stand before transferring to a plate or slicing.
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY!!!!!
Country Bob's is offering one of my readers their very own bottle of Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce. What a great addition to your culinary cupboard.
Please visit Country Bob's website, and check out the recipes. Tell me which other recipe you'd like to try. (I was contemplating the Honolulu Bob Burgers for my next adventure....mmmm). Or, come up with your own recipe and tell me how you would use Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce on your menu. Please leave a comment with this info AND your email address so I can contact you.
EXTRA ENTRIES (after doing the initial entry)
1. Become a follower to Chilton Kitchen, and write another comment to let me know.
2. Blog about this giveaway, put the link in the comments section.
3. Direct me to the most wonderful summertime recipe you have ever experienced (It is supposed to be in the 90s here today...summer is arriving early).
This is for US residents only, and comments will close Friday, April 24, 9PM Pacific Time. Winner will be posted here, and contacted by email.
Thanks for entering!